As of today I’m saying farewell to the infertility journey and turning a page in our book of life to the next chapter. Our FET with our last two embryos was a big old fail.
Our family is complete and I will never again in my life worry about…….
- Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Ovidril, Lupron, Lovenox, etc…
- numbers of follicles
- numbers of mature and fertilized eggs
- OHSS and drowning in Gatorade
- quality of embryos
- embryo storage fees
- estrogen levels
- progesterone levels
- Saline ultrasounds
- how many millimeters my uterine lining measures
- how many embryos survived the thaw
- two week waits
- Did I mention Lupron???
- faint positive tests that disappear overnight
- betas less than zero
- those sad pitful “I’m so sorry” comments.
I have the MOST amazing son ever and everything I’ve done to have him is beyond worth the pain and suffering (mental and physical). I wouldn’t change a thing. Did I want a sibling for my son? Yes, of course. Why else would we do another FET? I had dreams of having 3 children years ago but time only shows you that your dreams can only take you so far. Life is not always about having all your dreams come true. If a part of it comes true then you have achieved so much more than many people in this world and be thankful. Having said that….
I’m done. We’re done. We’re a family. We’ve moving on.
This feels good.