Commence Birthday Party Planning Mode!

We are coming up on my son’s second birthday party and I’m very optimistic that it will be a hit like last year! While last year was a pretty big party, it was his first birthday so those tend to be a little out of hand anyways.

Last year I was throwing around ideas of a theme and I seemed to change my mind each week. If it were up to me and me alone he would have had a “Thomas in ONE-derland” party complete with mismatched place settings and a crooked hat for my littlest mad hatter. However, the hubby said “Hell to the no”. He really loves to squash my inspiration. Good thing he’s handsome. We both ended up agreeing on a “Chicago Cubs” theme instead. My hubby is a HUGE Cubs fan and so naturally he liked that idea and let me run rampant with the details of the event. Somehow I failed to have saved a photo of the invitations that I made, but they were shaped like a baseball ticket. At any rate, here are some fun photos of the party at least!

Big Cake: Creative Cakes

Thomas’ Outfit: Bonita Couture on Etsy

Popcorn Bags: Topper and Twine on Etsy

Photography: My awesome neighbor Kim!

Smash Cake/Invitations/Decorations: Yours Truly!

What a fun 1st birthday party! Now how do you top that ? Odds are, I’m probably not going to, and that’s ok! What’s most important is we put together a party that is fun for Thomas and of course fun for Mommy to plan!

Over the last few months Thomas has been Mickey Mouse crazed. No joke…he can’t really understand much of what we say unless its  “Eat” or “Mickey”. If you even say anything remotely sounding like “Mickey Mouse” all hell will break loose if you don’t turn the show on. One time I said “We need to clean this icky house”. Oh man. That was a brutal day.

A popular 2nd birthday theme that you will find on Pinterest is “Oh TWO-ddles” which is a play on “Oh Toodles” which is said quite often through each episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My first thought was to go with that theme but my hubby and I weren’t 100% excited about it. Well, what’s something he loves as much as Mickey?

Animals. Specifically cows. The kid won’t talk, but will mooo on command.

A barnyard theme it is!

I’m still in the very early stages of planning but the party is less than two months away! I’ve secured the location and am working on finalizing the invitations (making them again this year myself!)

birthday-invitation

and have ordered a few items so far…  (Disclosure)

Stay tuned for a post in April to see how it all turned out!

Please follow and like us:
Tags: , , , , ,

25 thoughts on “Commence Birthday Party Planning Mode!”

1. afunnythinghappenedtodayadmin says:

My daughter’s first birthday was specifically cow themed! We did “cow pies” (no-bake cookies), “hay bales” (Rice Krispies), milk (obviously), and I made the cutest cow cake. The pièce de résistance was a cow balloon that was, I kid you not, three feet wide. So fun!

1. That sounds like an awesome party!!!

2. You’re so cute! We did a big party for my first’s b-day too. I think her 2nd will be small. I haven’t decided yet about my son’s 1st! Then again, planning parties are so much fun!

3. Elizabeth says:

The barnyard animals idea is cute and one you don’t see too often. We did the Mickey theme for my daughter’s 2nd birthday, actually it was Goofy themed because he is her favorite.

4. Love it! We did a baseball theme for my son’s first birthday party too! For his second birthday, since we live far from family, we’re going to go to a train museum in our “Choo Choo I’m Two” Thomas the Train shirt!

1. Oh ,I bet that’ll be adorable!!!

5. Awesome.. All the best Mommy. I am sure it will be a fabulous party!

6. Can I just say I LOVE the baseball leggings. OMG. 🙂

1. Haha thanks!!! I thought they were so cute!!! His dad wasn’t a fan but oh well haha!

7. Sounds like fun! My daughter always had a theme in mind and then likes to change it at the last minute. Ack!

8. Kate A says:

I LOVE planning birthday parties, so this post was a lot of fun for me! Love this theme for number two and can’t wait to see how it turns out!

9. This was just the inspiration I needed to get my party planning game on. My first child’s first birthday was revolutionary war themed…honestly, I feel like I peaked with that one (5 years and three kids later)…time to do something special again. Loved your ideas!

10. bettybrico says:

My daughter loves Mickey too! The Barnyard theme sounds lovely as well…you put together a great party, that 1st birthday looked amazing!

1. Awww thanks!! We had fun!!

11. I always find birthday planning so stressful! I am planning my daughter’s 4th birthday now and it feels like there is so much to do. Of course, now she can ask for things and has no stop asked me for a REAL flying unicorn….Thanks Mia and Me lol

1. Haha! Oh no amount of Pinterest can solve that problem!!!

12. This is such a cute party theme! Those baseball leg warmers are adorable!

13. mdhippiemama says:

You throw some amazing parties, Mama!! I’m sure the upcoming one will be great!

1. Aww thanks I hope so!!!

14. Rose says:

Oooh a cow/barn theme sounds fun! He will love it regardless what you choose because you picked something he is aware of and likes. I can’t wait to see.

15. Chelsea says:

Happy Birthday little one! Congrats on the first year Mama!!!

Chelsea || http://www.binkiesandbaubles.com

16. The Cool Mom says:

What a cute theme! I’m sure he will love it and it will turn out great!

17. OMG how cute!!! I love it! Sadly my parties have gotten less and less extravagant but I still love this!!

Comments are closed.